Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, and New York, NY
The Application Developer position reports through the Software Development group within MIAC as it relates to development practices, technical approach, and general development priorities. However, the position will be functionally managed as part of a cross-functional team led by the business sponsors for each specific development project assigned to this person.
This position will be responsible for developing enterprise class applications and maintaining the installation, configuration, and support of applications and services through best practices and industry standards.
Candidate will rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Candidate will be responsible for a variety of complicated tasks, with a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
A Bachelor’s degree is preferred with 2-5 years of relevant experience. Candidate should have knowledge of a variety of concepts, practice, and procedures including:
- C# and/or C++
- Strong SQL Skills
- Experience with Angular a plus
- Financial background a plus
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Experience with MFC a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Desire and willingness to work as part of a distributed, collaborative & innovative team
- Knowledge and understanding of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle)
- Advanced problem solving and technical troubleshooting capabilities
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other developers, designers, and clients to field an integrated, web-based application
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Charlotte, North Carolina; New York, NY
Required Education: Bachelor’s
Required experience: 3+ years
Since 1989, MIAC has been at the forefront in providing:
- Secondary Pricing and Risk Management Software and Advisory Solutions
- MSR, Whole Loan, Residual and Illiquid Mortgage Pricing, Hedging, and Accounting
- Software and Advisory Solutions
- MSR and Whole Loan Brokerage Services
- Interest Rate Derivative Pricing Software and Pricing Services
- Pricing Software and Pricing Services for Mortgage Derivatives
MIAC Analytics™ is used to value over four trillion dollars in mortgage whole loans, MSR (mortgage servicing rights), residuals, and interest rate derivatives on a monthly basis by the majority of the largest mortgage companies in the industry.
MIAC’s corporate headquarters is located in New York City, with additional offices in Charlotte, NC, Bethlehem, PA, Bengaluru, India, and London.