Technical Support Analyst
MIAC Analytics – Charlotte, NC
This position falls under the Product Management and Support Group within MIAC. Product Management is generally responsible for:
- Application Support and Installation (Internal/External)
- Client Conversions
- Marketing Support/Application Demos
- Application Management (i.e., enhancements, testing, etc.)
The Product Management Group falls under the Capital Markets Group. However, the team also supports the Client Services Group, Secondary Solutions Group, and Marketing and Business Development as the need arises. Additionally, the team has regular interaction with Development, IT and MIAC Senior Management for special projects and general internal/external support issues (i.e., non‐application based issues).
The Role You Will Play
Key responsibilities for the Technical Support Analyst include:
- Formulating, managing, and executing various infrastructure projects to meet business needs
- Assisting support staff with research, resolutions, and support as needed. Take ownership of issues and the delivery of a resolution
- Assisting with system reviews, performance monitoring, and application testing
- Documenting process diagrams and procedures on key applications or processes.
- Maintaining software builds and versioning
- Serving as an escalation point for critical application issues with both internal and external clients.
- Implementing and documenting build and release best practices
- Maintaining and managing internal servers and hosted environments as it relates to deployment of MIAC applications
- Managing permissions and shared databases for internal applications
The ideal candidate would have 3+ years of experience, and should have the following skills:
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows operating system (registry, profiles, services and components, file structures, permissions, and application compatibility)
- Working knowledge of SQL Server.
- Experience with application packaging (InstallShield) and integrating 3rd party libraries (like Crystal Reports)
- Ability to install and perform basic troubleshooting tasks related to MS Office, Adobe, SQL Server, etc.
- Strong time management and interpersonal skills
- Should have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Project management experience a plus
- Team player that likes to work closely with Support, Development, and IT groups
- Comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively across various business and technical groups
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC
Required Education: Bachelor’s
Required experience: 3+ years
Since 1989, MIAC has been at the forefront in providing:
- Secondary Pricing and Risk Management Software and Advisory Solutions
- MSR, Whole Loan, Residual and Illiquid Mortgage Pricing, Hedging, and Accounting
- Software and Advisory Solutions
- MSR and Whole Loan Brokerage Services
- Interest Rate Derivative Pricing Software and Pricing Services
- Pricing Software and Pricing Services for Mortgage Derivatives
MIAC Analytics™ is used to value over four trillion dollars in mortgage whole loans, MSR (mortgage servicing rights), residuals, and interest rate derivatives on a monthly basis by the majority of the largest mortgage companies in the industry.
MIAC’s corporate headquarters is located in New York City, with additional offices in Charlotte NC, Washington DC, Bangalore, and London.